ABOUT THE JOB
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Mobile music apps
Company type: Scale Up
Deplike Ltd is a music technology company aiming to democratize music making through addressing key challenges in sonic technologies. Our mobile app, Deplike, which turns any Android or iOS device into an easy-to-use guitar effects processor and guitar amp kit, has already reached over 2 million musicians all over the world.
We are now looking for an experienced videographer/editor to create inspiring, engaging video content for use on our website and in our marketing channels, including social media.
Ultimately, we are seeking a visual storyteller who combines sight and sound to tell a cohesive story. The role will be a combination of video content creation, directing, shooting video, and video editing. Our goal is to create innovative, high-quality, and exceptional media content for worldwide Deplike users, and to make meaningful contributions to our brand awareness.
If that sounds like an environment you would like to be part of, APPLY! Be sure to include your demo reel link in your résumé. Your samples may show a variety of work, including storytelling, motion graphics, music, or educational video.
Videography: Shoot a wide range of music related creative content. You will usually be working as part of a larger team, but you should also be comfortable shooting and directing solo if required.
Post-production: Edit videos to a high professional standard, including editing, titles, sound and grade.
Workflow management: Manage work requests from the business development and marketing teams; estimate timelines and other requirements. Manage your workload effectively; communicate work status to team members; identify and escalate issues where necessary.
User experience: Understand the user; demonstrate the importance of consistent user experience and view your work as part of an overall whole.
Brand guardianship: Help to define and maintain Deplike’s videography style, and ensure that all work adheres to Deplike’s brand guidelines.
Meet business objectives: Understand what brand/marketing communication is asking for, and translate that into commercial, powerful, creative solutions. Act in the best interests of Deplike and its users at all times.
Quality of output: Ensure the consistent application of the Deplike brand in all creative output. Lead and produce high-quality work across all required channels from conception to completion.
Project leadership: Be able to lead video projects and manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously where required.
– Create consistent and engaging high-quality video and digital content.
– Run video shoots, including staging, lighting, audio and operating the camera.
– Edit videos to include all aspects of video post-production.
– Work with our brand & marketing communication team to ensure brand consistency across all content creation.
– Collaborate with our creative teams to create storyboards, videos, short clips and stories based around our brand and our product.
– Knowledge of relevant social media and digital platforms to develop leading creative content.
– Always on the lookout for new content ideas; continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
– Qualification in videography, photography, graphic design or related discipline (preferable)
– A minimum of 2-3 years of experience using professional recording equipment
– Demonstrable experience of producing creative content
(Experience with music videos and/or other video content for musicians, and growing audiences on YouTube and social platforms is a plus)
– Demonstrable ability to light, shoot, record audio, and edit video evidenced with a strong portfolio
– Expert technical proficiency using camera software.
– Knowledge of video editing software, including Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and After Effects; Adobe Creative Cloud
– Strong knowledge of lighting techniques and an understanding of color space
– Animation design skills are a plus
– Ability to work independently or on a team
– Strong communication skills, creative thinking and storytelling skills
– Understanding of SEO best practices for video publishing (preferable)
– Open to constructive feedback & creative input
– Passionate about learning about new industry tools, formats and platforms
– Comfort with all musical genres and content; interest in music and learning how to play musical instruments