TC Helicon Go Guitar: How to connect your guitar to your Android phone/tablet, iPhone or iPad ?
TC Helicon Go Guitar is a portable guitar interface that lets you jam with your guitar over backing tracks anywhere you go, no amps or extra gear needed. To get started, simply hook it up to your guitar/bass, headphones and the guitar effects and amp modeler mobile app Deplike.
With the Go Guitar, you can plug your guitar into your iPad, iPhone, and Android phones and tablets, and use them as an amp simulator. You can hear your guitar sound through your headphones, external speakers, a PA system, or even your guitar amp.
The difference between Go Guitar and the Go Guitar Pro is that Go Guitar works with an analog connection while Go Guitar Pro works with a USB connection.
How to connect:
- Plug in your guitar into the audio interface with a standard 6.35mm guitar cable. Each audio interface has a standard jack input slot.
- Plug the jack cable of the audio interface into the headphone slot of your phone/tablet.
- Connect your headphones/speakers to the 3.35 mm output socket.
Deplike provides different effects like delay, looper, and distortion for free (along with a few amp and cabinet models), and you can purchase a lot of effects within the app, including overdrive, wah, chorus, tremolo and phaser. All these 20 effects, 15 amp and cabinet models that are available in Deplike can be purchased as a whole package for a much cheaper price compared to buying the actual pedals or amps, and the end result turns your phone into a virtual effects pedalboard.
But there is more to Deplike than just an effects app. It includes a guitar tuner, a metronome, and backing track feature that allows you to import tracks from your device and jam over these tracks.
- Gain control
- Standard 6.5 mm guitar jack input and a 3.35 mm analog jack output to plug your headphones or speakers in
- Includes a detachable 3.35 aux cable
- FX/Thru switch to be able to switch to a dry guitar signal easily
In summary, Go Guitar offers a quick and easy way to capture guitar and bass signals on the go.